Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What to use - ADVERB or ADJECTIVE?


Practice Sheet 1:
 

Fill in the blank with either the adverb or the adjective.
1. Rose did not want to wake her boyfriend, so she left ________.
a) quiet b) quietly

2. I can't understand her. She doesn't speak very _______.
a) clearly b) clear

3. We had a _______ time in New York.
a) greatly b) great

4. I know the problem, but I couldn't answer very _______.
a) quickly b) quick

5. I don't have a _______ time making good friends.
a) hardly b) hard

6. Peter arrived at the airport_______, and ended up missing his
flight.
a) late b) lately

7. Ever since he met Rose, he has looked very _______.
a) happily b) happy

8. I can hear the _______ voice.
a) loudly b) loud

9. He is a very good and _______ person.
a) gentle b) gently

10. That person behaves very _______.
a) badly b) bad

ANSWERS:
1)quietly
2)clearly
3)great
4)quickly
5)hard
6)late
7)happy
8)loud
9)gentle
10)badly 



Practice Sheet 2:

Fill in the blank with either the adverb or the adjective.

1. My truck broke down today. I hope the mechanic can fix it _________(quick/quickly).

2. She dances very _________ (good/well).

3. He never lies. He's an _________ (honestly/honest) person.

4. He broke the news to her _________ (gentle/gently).

5. My dog is very _________ (quickly/quick).

6. He make new friends very _________ (easily/easy).

7. You are driving so _________ (quickly/quick)?

8. In the Saudia Arabia, food is not as _________ (expensively/ expensive)
as in United States.

9. He was _________ (complete/completely) misguided by this matter.

10. She always wears _________ (brightly/bright) dress.


ANSWERS:
1)quickly
2)well
3)honest
4)gently
5)quick
6)easily
7)quickly
8)expensive
9)completely
10)bright 



Practice Sheet 3:

Fill in the blank with either the adverb or the adjective.

1. You have to be more ________.
a) careful b) carefully

2. I have to walk more ________. We're late!
a) quick b) quickly

3. I done it ________.
a) willing b) willingly

4. He was ________ to assist me.
a) willing b) willingly

5. They know English very ________.
a) well b) good

6. You did your work very ________.
a) good b) well

7. My grandmother is very ________.
a) clever b) cleverly

8. I speaks very ________.
a) quiet b) quietly

9. My neighborhood is very ________.
a) quietly b) quiet

10. What a ________ show!
a) great b) greatly
 

ANSWERS:
1) a
2) b
3) b
4) a
5) a
6) b
7) a
8) b
9) b
10) a 

No comments:

Post a Comment