Fill in each blank space with who, whom or whose.
1. Could you tell me ________ that was?
2. The women, two of ________ were drunk, walked very gradually.
3. A boy ________ computer I was using moved to China.
4. I know ________ done this.
5. He didn’t recognize when the book was written, or by ________.
6. We didn't know ________ pen that was.
7. We don't know ________ gave you that news, but it's incorrect.
8. The expert was able to find out ________ fingerprints were on
9. These are some of the people ________ have guided me in the past.
10. I have an idea ________ left the lights on whole night.
Use of Who, Which and Whose
Practice Sample Sheet 2:
It is to remember: Who is generally used for people, which is used for things, and whose indicates possession (ex: "the student whose book I found").
1. The man ________________ flat we stayed in is my elder brother.
2. I couldn't tell _________________ he was, but at last I recognized her.
3. The person ________________sold me my house is a crook.
4. _________________ cup did he give you? The white one.?
5. I an unable to decide ________________cell phone was suitable for me.
6. _______________turn is it to clean the room?
7. It is difficult to decide _______________the best candidate is.
8. Her last article, _______________I didn't read, was very successful in yesterday newspaper.
9. I am sure and perfectly know ________________book that is, but it's not theirs.
10. My friend Peter Lee, _________________doesn't speak English, had trouble communicating in United States.