Thursday, November 21, 2013

Use of A, AN and The


Exercise 1:
Choose the correct one:
1. I am going to ________ show tomorrow.
1) a
2)an

2. My nephew is ________ actor.
1) a
2)an

3. His brother has ________ very good job.
1) a
2)an

4. That was ________ interesting sports.
1) a
2)an

5. She is ________ honest girl.
1) a
2)an

6. We had ________ really good time yesterday.
1) a
2)an

7. Bring ________ umbrella.
1) a
2)an

8. Tomorrow will be ________ hot weather.
1) a
2)an

9. Peter is ________ good friend.
1) a
2)an

10. He want to eat ________ apple.
1) a
2)an

ANSWERS:
1)a     2)an     3)a     4)an     5)an     6)a     7)an     8)a     9)a 1    0)an



Exercise 2:
1. I talk to him for ________ long time yesterday.
1) a
2)an

2. She was wearing ________ old Jeans.
1) a
2)an

3. Peter is ________ excellent sportsman!
1) a
2)an

4. That's ________ very funny joke.
1) a
2)an

5. He is ________ really good teacher.
1) a
2)an

6. We have ________ exam tomorrow.
1) a
2)an

7. I have ________ appointment at 6:00 PM.
1) a
2)an

8. She wants ________ doll for her birthday.
1) a
2)an

9. He waited for ________ hour.
1) a
2)an

10. The student had ________ friendly smile.
1) a
2)an

ANSWERS:
1)a     2)an     3)an     4)a     5)a     6)an     7)an     8)a     9)an     10)a



Exercise 3:

1. Did you see ________ kid that I told you about?
a) the
b) a

2. Did you get ________ invitation card that I sent you?
a) the
b) a

3. She is ________ very good student.
a) the
b) a

4. We ate ________ good meal last night.
a) the
b) a

5. ________ meal that we ate yesterday was great.
a) The
b) A

6. I have ________ test tomorrow evening.
a) the
b) a

7. Which dress do you like? ________ green one?
a) The
b) A

8. I have four pents - a green one, an orange one, and ________ blue
one.
a) the
b) a

9. You must always tell ________ truth!
a) the
b) a

10. I cannot understand how ________ person like him can become lawyer.
a) the
b) a

ANSWERS:
1)the     2)the     3)a     4)a     5)The    6)a     7)The     8)a     9)the     10)a




Exercise 4:

1. Peter is ________ best professor  in our college.
a) a
b) the

2. She has ________ very nice pen.
a) a
b) the

3. My wife is ________ only person I adore.
a) a
b) the

4. My brother is ________ postman.
a) a
b) the

5. Lee is ________ prettiest girl in our college.
a) a
b) the

6. There is ________ party at Peter's house today.
a) a
b) the

7. What time are we going to ________ party?
a) a
b) the

8. Yesterday I saw ________ really good horror movie.
a) a
b) the

9. Hurry up! ________ movie starts in 10 minutes!
a) a
b) the

10. I need to buy ________ new computer.
a) a
b) the

ANSWERS:
1)the     2)a     3)the     4)a     5)the     6)a     7)the     8)a     9) The     10)a

No comments:

Post a Comment